Sukrit Bhattacharya English
I joined the Beginner’s photography course offered by Mr. Oliver O’Hanlon. It was an intensive day workshop with three hour technical session explaining fundamentals of photography, lighting and efficient technical control of a DSLR followed with 6 hours of intense hands-on experience at multiple outdoor locations with varied natural lighting. My feedback
• Mr. O’Hanlon is an expert on the science and arts of photography
• Mr. O’Hanlon has the ability to explain complex technical or artistic items in simple terms with examples from eminent photographers. He not only generates enthusiasm on photography technically, but also challenges us to embark on the arts of photography
• His technical knowledge is paramount where he personally tuned and adjusted all our cameras with rational explanation
• Selection of the outdoor locations must have been carefully planned as we covered a large spectrum of lighting. He showed us simple rules which we could use to manage the varied lighting situations.
• He explained with hands-on demonstration do’s and dont’s on street photography and portrait.
• Beauty of the course was that it was very well designed and not prescriptive allowing each of us artistic freedom
As a result of this workshop, which was a birthday gift to me from my wife, I have taken a fascination to photography and have already enrolled for the intermediate course. I am eagerly looking forward to the next course.