Communications professional course: beginner level
Designed for beginner communications professionals in the corporate or non-profit sectors this course teaches you the fundamentals to photograph events, portraits and constructed subjects for strategic internal or external communications.
Program and what you will learn
- Review of homework: weeks 2-5 (each class)
- Class 1 – Photography fundamentals: camera functions: exposure, shutter speed, aperture, ISO, shooting modes, camera settings. Visual effects: depth of field, blur and movement
- Class 2 – Composition and aesthetics: balance and geometry, elements of design, perspective and focal length
- Class 3 – Photographing people: reaction, posing, natural, photographic psychology, introduction to reportage photography. Introduction to portraiture.
- Class 4 – Event photography: speaker and stage photography, visual narratives, observation and anticipation, non-verbal communication
- Class 5 – Strategic visual messaging and branding. Introduction to photographic style.
Pricing and practical details
- Each photo course is comprised of five two-hour sessions
- Individual or group course: flexible schedule day, evenings or weekends
- Schedule your classes directly with Oliver : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Price for an individual course at studio CHF 800.-
- Price for an individual course at client’s office in Geneva area CHF 1’000.-
- Price per extra person, as of 2nd participant: CHF 300.- / person
- This course is also available as a one day 9-12h30 14h-18h intensive workshop (theory and practical). One-day workshops also include a one time 2 hour review session that takes place 7 to 10 days after the actual workshop: in which we review your photographs taken in the afternoon practical session and your homework assignment. The one day workshop and review pricing is the same as the course starting at CHF 1’000.- for one person and CHF 300.- per extra person.
- Oliver O’Hanlon Photography
- 88 Rue Saint-Jean, 1201 Geneva
- 6 minutes walk from Cornavin central railway station or 4 minutes from Manor department store
- Please note this course is also available at client’s offices
- To offer this course as a present you can purchase a gift voucher with this link
- We can send you an A5 printed gift voucher card in the mail