Introduction to Photography
Learn photography in an inspiring environment
- Learn all the technical and artistic fundamentals of photography
- Understand your camera functions and handle settings with ease
- Unlock your imagination and artistic expression
Schedule and pricing
- Each photo course is comprised of five two-hour sessions
- Flexible schedule: daytime or evenings weekdays or weekend
- Schedule your classes directly with Oliver: email@example.com
- Valid 12 months
- CHF 800.-
This course is designed for the beginner who is committed to learning the basics – including anyone who needs a refresher. This course covers all technical and practical aspects of photography for beginners. Just as important as the technical side: artistic expression and your individual approach is part of this course. Homework is assigned to complete for the following session during which it will be reviewed. Remember: no question is stupid. You are here to learn and develop your skills!
What you will learn
- Camera functions and settings: exposure and ISO, shutter speed and movement, aperture and depth of filed, auto focus settings.
- Aesthetic fundamentals: Composition: perspective, space and balance, geometry, clarity, design, timing, positioning. Focal length: wide angle, normal, telephoto, vibration, effect of magnification on depth of field. Daylight and ambient lighting: hard and soft sunlight, overcast and diffused light, lowlight, window light, incandescent light.
- Introduction to portraiture and photographing people: environment, lighting, people in situations, reaction, posing, natural, non-verbal communication, photo-psychology
- Introduction to street and travel photography: starting out shooting in public, non-verbal communication, visual story telling, practical decisions for street and travel photography
- Introduction to nature and landscape photography: equipment, daylight, focal length, composition, macro photography, practical decisions for making great landscapes and images of nature
- Class 1: Camera functions and settings
- Class 2: Aesthetic fundamentals
- Class 3: Introduction to portraiture and photographing people
- Class 4: Introduction to street and travel photography
- Class 5: Introduction to nature and landscape photography
- Homework: you put the class topics into practice during your homework assignments, your photographs are reviewed the following class where you’ll be given specific technical, aesthetic and artistic feedback.
- Oliver O’Hanlon Photography
- 88 Rue de Saint-Jean, 1201 Geneva
- 6 minutes walk from Cornavin central railway station or 4 minutes walk from Manor department store
- Bus 7 stop “Ormeaux” or tram 15 stop “Mercier”
- To offer this course as a present you can purchase a gift voucher with this link
- We can send you an A5 printed gift voucher card in the mail