Intermediate Photography Course
Develop your skills in photography
- Explore new subjects in photography and put them into practice
- Experiment with a range of styles and develop your own vision
- Learn the techniques of master photographers and get inspired
Schedule and pricing
- Each photo course is comprised of five two-hour sessions
- Flexible schedule: daytime or evenings Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays or Fridays
- Schedule your classes directly with Oliver : email@example.com
- CHF 800.-
- Valid 12 months
This five-part course is designed for those who have either completed the introduction course or beginner workshop, or already have the basic fundamentals of photography under their command. In each two-hour session, we’ll focus primarily on elevating the quality of your images, while learning new techniques and perspectives. Accompanied with teaching are examples, slideshows, and demonstrations. Homework is assigned, which is essential to your progress. Your results will be analysed and reviewed during the following lesson.
What you will learn
- Image quality: digital file types, dynamic range, optimal exposure, auto focus systems, lens quality, lighting, image style settings, post-production options.
- Photographic style: developing your own vision, artistic expression, photo stories, visual characteristics, camera settings.
- Colour photography: white balance & saturation, lighting for colour, interpreting images in colour, banal realities & abstract fantasies.
- Flash photography: introduction to using flash lighting, the flash aesthetic, contrast and shadows, basic flash lighting techniques (direct, diffused, zoom, off camera, multiple flashes), flash look, ambiant light with flash.
- Post-production: Lightroom, Photoshop, JPEG optimisation, developing RAW files, retouching tools.
- Classes 2-5: Review of homework (each class)
- Class 1: Image quality and shooting for best file results
- Class 2: Flash photography
- Class 3: Photographic style
- Class 4: Colour photography
- Class 5: Post-production options and retouching techniques
- Oliver O’Hanlon Photography
- 88 Rue de Saint-Jean, 1201 Geneva
- Public transport: bus 7 stop Ormeaux tram 15 stop Mercier
- Walking: 4 minutes from Manor department store or 6 minutes Cornavin railway station
Here are student samples from the intermediate course. You can also check out the introduction and advanced galleries here