Your starting point: one-day intensive workshop
- Learn photography from a passionate instructor who has a lot of experience
- Take advantage of a simple and informative teaching approach
- A one stop experience that will allow you to develop your photography skills
Schedule, location and pricing
- 7h00 hours: theory and practical
- Weekday or weekend 10h-17h30: to book directly with Oliver
- Acacias – Geneva City
- Individual CHF 350.-
- Per extra person CHF 100.-
We all have to start somewhere! Created specially for newcomers, including those who need a refresher on the basics, this hands-on intensive workshop covers all technical and practical aspects of shooting for both compact and DSLR cameras. Starting in the morning looking at slideshows with powerpoint presentations, learning theory before heading outside in the afternoon to put it into practice.
What you will learn
- Camera functions: exposure, shutter speed, aperture, ISO, camera settings
- Lenses: wide angle, normal, telephoto, vibration, effect of magnification on depth of field
- Visual effects: movement, camera shake, panning, depth of field, blur, focus point
- Light: hard sunlight, soft sunlight, overcast, lowlight, window light
- Composition: perspective, space, balance, geometry, clarity, aesthetics, timing, positioning your body, getting close
- Photographing people: portraiture, people in situations, reaction, posing, natural, street photography, non-verbal communication
- Afternoon shooting sessions: setting your camera, portraiture, landscape, architecture, street photography
- 9h45 tea or coffee
- 10h00-12h30: Theory presentations and slideshows
- 13h00-14h00: Lunch in a local restaurant (not included in workshop price)
- 14h30-15H00: Setting up your camera, shooting in manual exercise
- 15H-17H30: 4 shooting sessions: portraiture, landscape, architecture, street photography.
- A review session, with individual feedback, is included at the on a weeknight after the workshop has taken place.
- 4, Esplanade de Pont-Rouge, 1212 Grand Lancy (Geneva city: Etoile / Acacias area).
- Public transport: tram 15 buses 21, 43, D stop P+R Etoile. Train station: Lancy Pont-Rouge.