Your starting point: one-day intensive workshop
- Learn photography from a passionate instructor who has a lot of experience
- Take advantage of a simple and informative teaching approach
- An one stop experience that will allow you to develop your photography skills
Registration and price
- 7h30 hours of teaching and shooting
- Saturdays 10h-18h. Participants: 3-8 people.
- Price CHF 220.-
We all have to start somewhere! Created specially for newcomers, including those who need a refresher on the basics, this hands-on intensive workshop covers all technical and practical aspects of shooting for both compact and DSLR cameras. Starting in the morning at the studio, looking at slideshows with powerpoint presentations, learning theory before heading outside in the afternoon to put it into practice.
What you will learn
- Camera functions: exposure, shutter speed, aperture, ISO, camera settings
- Lenses: wide angle, normal, telephoto, vibration, effect of magnification on depth of field
- Visual effects: movement, camera shake, panning, depth of field, blur, focus point
- Light: hard sunlight, soft sunlight, overcast, lowlight, window light
- Composition: perspective, space, balance, geometry, clarity, aesthetics, timing, positioning your body, getting close
- Photographing people: portraiture, people in situations, reaction, posing, natural, street photography, non-verbal communication
- Afternoon shooting sessions: setting your camera, portraiture, landscape, architecture, street photography
- 9h45: Tea and coffee at studio
- 10h00-12h30: Theory presentations and slideshows
- 13h00-14h00: Lunch in a local restaurant (not included in workshop price)
- 14h30-15H00: Setting up your camera, shooting in manual exercise
- 15H-17H30: 4 shooting sessions: portraiture, landscape, architecture, street photography
A review session, with individual feedback, is included at the on a weeknight after the workshop has taken place. The Photo Review date for your workshop is indicated on the registration page.
Below photographs taken during a Beginner One-Day Workshop. Also please view STUDENT GALLERIES